Regis University student Erika Tanaka is crowned the 2009 Miss Asian American Colorado May 30, 2009 at Teikyo Loretto Heights University Theater in Denver. Organizers have announced the 11 women who will participate in the 2010 program. (Photo by Joe Nguyen/AsiaXpress.com)
Miss Asian American Colorado announces 2010 contestants
Eleven women from seven ethnicities and four schools will participate in third annual program
By AsiaXpress.com staff reports
May 2, 2010
DENVER – Organizers for Miss Asian American Colorado announced the contestants for their 2010 program.
This year's group consists of 11 women, ranging from the ages of 18 to 24. They come from seven different ethnic backgrounds and four different schools.
Over the course of the next two months, the contestants will participate in a number of events from a leadership workshop to various service projects. The finale show will take place on July 11 at the University of Denver's Newman Center.
Erika Tanaka was named Miss AACO in 2009. Duacee Lor was the 2008 Miss AACO after original winner Amanda Igaki stepped down.
The contestants (name, age, school, ethnicity):
• Cassie Chanthavong, 19, University of Denver, Laotian
• Alexandria Joo, 24, University of Colorado Denver graduate, Korean
• Mai Choua Lee, 19, University of Colorado Denver, Hmong
• Christina Pham, 22, University of Denver, Vietnamese
• Ngoc Phan, 19, University of Denver, Vietnamese
• Allison Riley, 20, Metropolitan State College of Denver, Filipino
• Monique Sar, 19, University of Denver, Cambodian
• Natalie Ta, 18, University of Denver, Vietnamese
• Vanessa Teck, 19, University of Denver, Cambodian
• Shaina Vo, 22, University of Colorado at Boulder, Chinese/Vietnamese
• Pamela Yang, 22, University of Colorado Denver, Hmong
For more information about Miss Asian American Colorado, go to www.missaaco.com.