CSU seeks new Asian/Pacific American Cultural Center program coordinator
University seeks program coordinator professional to join the Student Diversity Programs and Services team
By AsiaXpress.com staff reports
March 3, 2010
FORT COLLINS – Colorado State University is seeking a new program coordinator for its Asian/Pacific American Cultural Center.
Applicants must have a bachelor's degree, experience in program development and implementation and experience working with diverse groups within the AAPI communities. The salary ranges from from $30,000 to $35,000.
Responsibilities of the program coordinator include:
• Develop and support programs (such as the annual “Asian Fest”) that enhance cultural awareness on campus and surrounding community by working with students, other campus offices/departments, and resources within the community.
• Assist with the hiring, training, and supervision of student staff.
• Coordinate and provide on-going support for special projects performed by office student paraprofessionals, Assistant Director, and Director.
• Provide support to Asian/Pacific American student organizations.
• Develop and nurture a sense of community among student leaders in student organizations.
• Assist in designing, implementing and evaluating training, leadership, organizational, personal development, and diversity education programs, seminars, retreats, workshops and institutes for student organization members, and student organization faculty/staff advisors.
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of the A/PACC office, including calendaring, newsletter, financial account management, and student staff training.
• Collect and maintain appropriate assessment data on students and office programs.
• Oversee semi-annual process of grade verification of all student staff.
• Assist in implementation of probation student programs.
Applications must be received by 5 p.m. on Monday, March 22. Complete aplications must include a cover letter, resume and at least three references. Applications can be sent to the attentions of Tonie Miyamoto, chair of the search committee c/o Jean. Submit completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, call 970-491-4752 or visit www.apacc.colostate.edu. Download the application here.