2010 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival poster contest opens
Third annual CDBF commemorative poster competition takes place Feb. 1 to March 31
By AsiaXpress.com staff reports
Feb. 11, 2010
Courtesy Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
The 2009 winning poster design by Duc Huynh. The 2010 commemorative poster competition takes place from Feb. 1 to March 31.
WHEAT RIDGE – The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival's third annual commemorative poster competition is open for submissions.
The contest invites artists to create a poster design for the 10th annual Colorado Dragon Boat Festival. The competition opened on Feb. 1 and continues through March 31.
The winner will receive a $300 cash prize and the design will be used on collectible merchandise. Second place will receive a $200 cash prize and third prize receives $100.
• Any individual may participate, regardless of age, experience, technical skill or other indicators.
• Complete the online application and mail $10 entry fee (payable by check or money order to CDBF) with your contact information. One entry per person.
• Entries must be submitted in digital format in PDF format, or JPG/TIFF format – images at 300 DPI minimum 8” x 11". Please refrain from including the artist name on the actual design.
• Entries can be e-mailed to Allison@cdbf.org or mailed to: CDBF, 11049 W. 44th Ave., Suite 110, Wheat Ridge CO, 80033, and should be postmarked no later than March 31, 2010.
• All designs must include the following text copy, not necessarily in this order or format: 10th Annual Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, July 24-25, 2010, Denver, Colorado.
• Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content and marketability. The decision of the judges is final.
• CDBF reserves the right to use the winning image on miscellaneous advertisement mediums, T-shirts and any other CDBF related items. The winning entry will become the full property of CDBF, with all rights and privileges inherent thereto.
• CDBF reserves the right to resize or otherwise alter the winning entry before using it in promotional and merchandising materials, or to not use any submitted competition materials.
For more information, go to www.cdbf.org.